Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Drake Community: African Art Expo and Fashion Show


Hello!! Intern Nehwoen here. Looking rather awkward in my attempted model pose above! I hope you have noticed my posts (tagged as intern Nehwoen Luogon) Apologies for taking so long to introduce myself. I am a senior marketing and finance major at Drake University and I hope to go into fashion marketing one day. I love having the opportunity to work with Vitae Design Collective this semester. It has given me great insight not only to fashion in general but to the wonderful and talented fashion community right here in Des Moines. Although I am a marketing and finance major, this past Friday, I was able to further showcase my interest in fashion. 

 

Through the Drake African Students Association, our executive board put on an African Art Expo & Fashion Show. We displayed different pieces of art from around the continent of Africa, African inspired artwork, and casual clothing embellished with African fabric. I hope you enjoy the photos from Friday night. I will continue to do my best promoting the amazing shop that Alyssa, Melissa and Julie have created. I love Vitae Design Collective and I hope you do too!!

 







 

 

No comments: